Tuesday 12 January 2016

My Bible Art Journaling Journey - by Lori Weeden

This week's blog post is by the lovely Lori Weeden, who is sharing about how she got started with Bible Art Journaling, and what it means to her. Enjoy and be blessed by some of her lovely artwork! 


About a year ago whilst studying my Bible, I wanted to write down scriptures on love in a way that was easy to remember and that helped me to meditate on them. I wanted to make the scriptures more memorable by decorating each one on different pages. Not long after I started to decorate some pages, I spoke to Deborah Gregg at a Come Closer meeting and she shared her Bible Art Journal with me which gave me more inspiration to continue being creative with the scriptures. She held a workshop at her house and explained what Bible Art Journaling was all about and tips about how to use different mediums to create your art work.


By doing Bible Art Journaling, it has helped me enjoy studying the scriptures in a different way and be more focused on them. It has also drawn me closer to the Lord. There has been many times where my artwork has helped minister to others, so it is doesn't just bless me but helps bless others too.














Thank you so much, Lori, for sharing this with us! If anyone else would like to contribute to our shared blog, do get in touch with Deborah Gregg, Sarah Anderson, Jane Butcher or Sharon King - we'd love to hear from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment