Tuesday 3 May 2016

Some more of my favourite verses - by Ben Butcher


                            
"For you created my inmost being; 
you knit me together in my mother's womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully 
and wonderfully made."
Psalm 139:13-14

These verses remind me that we are His children, made in His image, and he knows our names and our needs.  We should never judge what people look like from the outside, but look at them as God does, for what comes from the inside.



This picture I have created is of a picture frame. The colours I picked are a mixture of blacks and greys and the washi tape is black on the outside and brown on the inside. the cracks are to make it look as if the frame has been shattered into pieces, but God can mend and heal them.

This is one of my very favourite verses and it always reminds me of a song that is really special to me called "Father God I wonder." One of the lines is "now I am a son, I am adopted in Your family." This is very special to me because I am adopted.


"For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, 
with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and 
the dead in Christ will rise first. After that we who are still alive and are left 
will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord
 in the air. And so we will be with the Lord for ever."
1 Thessalonians 4 : 16-18


This verse is really important to grasp, and it is very powerful. We as the children of God need to be ready for His return when he will come to gather us up and take us to His and our father's house.

The picture is the cross with the glory of heaven shining around it.   The blue is heaven. The brown is for the stairway leading to heaven and shows Jesus coming down to meet us and receive us.  This reminds me that our future  with our heavenly Father, to be with him daily and for ever in His courts.  Revelation promises that there will be a new heaven and earth, and there on the throne is God our Father who will reign for eternity.


"...but when they saw Him walking on the lake, they thought He was a ghost. 
They cried out, because they all saw Him and were terrified. Immediately 
He spoke to them and said, "Take courage, it is I. Don't be afraid. Then 
He climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were
 completely amazed."
Mark 6 : 49-51


This verse is another favourite one. It reminds me that if I am scared or frightened and I cry out to Him I don't have to be frightened anymore because He will help me and rescue me. My faith in Jesus can give me courage.

This picture is to remind me and all of us that Jesus isn't a ghost. He is real, He is alive, He is the Son of God and He cares about us.  I used dark blue for the sky and the blue tissue paper symbolises sky. The yellow is lightning and the black lines are strong winds and gales.  The blue lines are big, rough waves and the person in brown is Jesus, in the centre of the storm, the place of calm and safety.

thank you to read my blog, Ben

  

1 comment:

  1. A very inspiring post, thank you Ben this is just what I needed this morning as I am struggling with many things.

    ReplyDelete