Tuesday 7 June 2016

Gelatos Bible Art Journaling - by Claire Graham

In this week's post Claire Graham shows us some of the ways you can use Gelatos in your Bible Art Journaling. Thank you Claire!

+++++++++++++++


Gelatos are probably the material I use most often in my Bible Art Journaling. I love the variety of vibrant colours and the fact that you can still read the words of your Bible passage even if you cover it. They are great for making a colourful background quickly or for painting details. This page was nearly entirely created with gelatos!!



First I prepped my page with Liquitex Matt Gel Medium and a sponge applicator.. I ALWAYS prep my pages, although you don't need to with gelatos, I'm always worried that my pens will bleed or shadow through and I don't like that! I use a heat tool to make sure the prep is completely dry. Then I sketch out my design with a pencil.





Once happy I drew over my design with a black pen. 


Then I coloured in my flamingos. I used a wet paintbrush to pick up colour straight from the gelato and painted onto the page.


For the background I added colour straight to the page by scribbling with the gelato...and then used a wet paint brush to blend the colour and cover a larger area. I used a mixture of my Faber-Castell gelatos and my smiggle water colour crayons which have a beautiful metallic shimmer.


To finish off I added some white gel pen, redrew some of the outlines and added some details.

I also added a strip of washi tape at the bottom and a tab made from washi at the side - my children think I'm addicted to washi tape - they may have a point!

Gelatos can also be blended with a baby wipe or makeup sponge...made into a paint by scribbling on an acrylic block and then using a wet paintbrush... you can stamp with them and lots... lots more.












No comments:

Post a Comment