Tuesday 29 March 2016

Thank God for Easter by Sharon King

A few months ago I received a gift from a fellow bible journaler, Mandy Lockey. Mandy runs the Time to Sow website and endeavours to provide materials for Christian crafters.

The gift I received was a set of rubber stamps that Many felt would be useful in Bible journaling, and asked a few of us to experiment with the stamps and basically enjoy ourselves and that is what I did.

I thought that I would show you what I created and how I achieved the final result.


Firstly, using the Forgiven stamp, I stamped the words in the shape of a cross, then heat embossed with gold embossing powder.


I then used some Tim Holtz distress inks and using blending brushes inked and blended over the words.


These are the brushes I used


This is after I used the distress inks


Finally I used the words from the hymn, "There is a Green Hill Far Away - Ransomed, healed, restored forgiven". Then I added the verse of a Salvation Army Chorus by Commissioner Keith Banks: "Thank you God for your gift beyond words, Thank you God for your gift beyond words. We thank you for giving us Jesus, Thank you God for your gift beyond words."


Throughout Lent I have been participating in the Rethink Church Photo a day challenge and I used this illustrate my thoughts which I share with you now.

#rethinkchurch #40days

THANKS


I THANK God that He constantly forgives me and allows me a fresh start.

I love the text from 2 Corinthians 9:15 Thank God for this gift too wonderful for words

Commissioner Keith Banks paraphrased these words beautifully in a chorus he wrote

THANK you God for your gift beyond words
THANK you God for your gift beyond words
We THANK you for giving us Jesus
THANK you God for you gift beyond words.


May you know the blessing of Easter and the power of His resurrection.

No comments:

Post a Comment