Tuesday 22 December 2015

Comfort for God's People - by Sarah Anderson

As I was pondering what to share in today's blog post I found out that my Dad had had to go to A and E after passing out again (it happened yesterday too) for no apparent reason.  I've just heard that all is good and the tests all came back normal so he is home.  :)


 I am so grateful that my first reaction on hearing news like this is praying to my Father God who loves and listens.  I am also grateful for all my praying friends who can immediately (due to the wonders of modern technology and social media)  pray with me.


What also came to mind was this verse that I journaled in my bible last month:

"those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength"
Isaiah 40 v 31

and the knowledge, remembering the feather, that God covers me, and my Dad, with His wings (Psalm 91:4)


 Worry is very draining but God asks us to trust Him and through Him, putting worry aside, we are strengthened.  So today I added some further stamping to this page, emphasising the words 'hope' and 'strength'.  These stamps are from Clarity Stamps' Word Chains 6 and 12.


He is my hope and my strength, no matter what life throws at me, and my Dad's hope and strength too!



I started this page back in November after sketching out a feather shape and carving myself a stamp.  I stamped the feather with black ink that came out quite grey but this allowed me space to doodle or 'barntangle' (see Deborah's post here if you'd like to know more!).  It's what the lovely Carolyn Dube would call an 'oops' - "outstanding opportunity presenting suddenly"!!


 I then added patches of watercolour around the feather before writing the verse out around the image.  Spending time with a verse creatively like this is what makes it stay in my mind - plus it sends me on another adventure  - I'm on a hunt now for more references to wings/feathers in the bible!!

So I pray that you will know God's hope and strength over this festive season.  Christmas doesn't stop people being ill or sad or homeless, but because of the reason we celebrate Christmas  we can feel the love of God in both difficult and happy times, and share His love with others.

Happy Christmas from all of us at Bible Art Journaling UK

Sarah xx

No comments:

Post a Comment