Tuesday 29 December 2015

New Things - by Sharon King

Hi, it's Sharon here with some encouragement and a challenge for 2016!

At the end of 2015, as you look back on the year, what do you feel that you have achieved, can you see how God has been working out His plan for you? 

At the beginning of 2015, I was led to discover a word that would be my 'word' for 2015, after a lot of thought and prayer I decided it should be the word 'plan'  this came about through the verse in Jeremiah 29: 11

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

This was to be a significant word for me, for during this year I received a change of appointment within the Salvation Army. After 4 years in Stanford le Hope as Church Leader I was to move to Waltham Abbey to be Church Leader there. A new town, a new challenge, what was God's plan for me in all this change?

After my first visit to Wlatham Abbey I made the following entry in my journal.



In the months between February and July there certainly was a lot of planning, a lot of cleaning!!!! And a lot of preparation and praying. I have now been here for 5 months and I am excited to see the plans God has for me and the congregation at Waltham Abbey Salvation Army, there are still many of God's plans to be discovered including how we can work in our community.

At the beginning of 2015 I started a journal in a very basic notebook, which has proved to be invaluable in helping me to discover how God is working in my life. Allow me to share a few entries with you....














I enjoy journalling,  I may not be able to draw, but I love using words, colours, shapes, stickers and stamps.  If you think you are not able to journal because of limited drawing skills can I encourage you to experiment in whatever way you are comfortable, allow God to speak to you as you journal. Remember what is important is your relationship with God, not how beautiful it looks to others, because if you enter into journalling with a heart of love, your offering to God will be beautiful in His sight.

So the challenge for 2016, why not start a journal, I am sure you will be blessed and encouraged in the process, spending time with the Lord, and then at the end of 2016 taking time to reflect on what you have learnt from God as you review your journal, and the journey you have shared with your loving Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment